Expertise and experience
Ritu is a family law solicitor specialising in children law and adoption applications.
She represents children of all ages through their appointed Guardian and also separately, parents, grandparents, foster carers and other family members involved in local authority care and adoption proceedings.
She also assists families who are in dispute about the arrangements for children regarding residence, contact, parental responsibility, prohibited steps and specific issue orders.
The types of cases that Ritu has been involved in include:
- care proceedings relating to applications for placing a child into the care of the local authority;
- representing children, through their appointed Guardian and separately, parents and other associated people in court in relation to applications for supervision or care orders;
- applications for making of emergency protection orders where the safety of a child is at risk;
- assisting foster carers and other family members to secure special guardianship orders and negotiate their support package;
- representing parents, children and grandparents within adoption proceedings where there is an objection to the adoption order being made; and
- cases relating to child abduction and removal from the jurisdiction.
Ritu is recognised in the 2020 Legal 500, with the following testimonial:
‘Lorraine Green, Ritu Sood, Julie Nix are very experienced and confident solicitors who are tenacious and take pride in making sure everything is on target’.
She is also recognised in the 2021 Legal 500 as a ‘recommended lawyer’.