Expertise and experience
Rajea is a solicitor specialising in housing law. She works tirelessly to help vulnerable people secure the right to be accommodated and stay in their own accommodation.
She represents tenants, homeowners and homeless people in disputes over leases, housing applications and local authority housing allocation decisions.
The types of cases that Rajea has been involved include:
- challenging decisions of local authorities where they have classed homeless applicants as intentionally homeless or not in priority need of accommodation;
- helping tenants apply and secure the suspension of an eviction warrants;
- defending tenants in social housing as well as private tenants in possession proceedings based on allegations of their anti-social behaviour;
- disputes over sub-letting in social and private housing;
- disputes over the rights of succession to a tenancy for family members or other dependents; and
- representing defendants in possession proceedings brought on grounds of rent arrears.
Rajea volunteers at the Bromley-by-Bow Centre in Tower Hamlets, attending once a month to provide pro bono housing law advice at their free drop-in sessions for local residents.