Expertise and experience
Lorraine is a partner in the family law team and is recognised as a specialist in the law relating to children.
She represents parents, grandparents and children, as well as being instructed by the Official Solicitor to act on behalf of guardians and other people who are involved in a wide variety of local authority care proceedings.
The types of cases that Lorraine has been involved in include:
- representing teenagers or competent children in care proceedings where there is a difference in opinion to their parents or guardian;
- local authority care proceedings involving children where there is a history or allegations of domestic abuse, non-accidental injury, death of a parent or infant death;
- acting on behalf of the Official Solicitor to represent the views of disabled parents about their ability to look after their children;
- representing parents in placement or adoption order hearings or appeals, to prevent children being put up for adoption; and
- representing a children’s guardian to secure the return of a child from another country, under the wardship of the court, from another country after the child had been taken there by both parents; and
- securing special guardianship for extended family members of a child in care proceedings, where the parents were deemed unfit.
Lorraine is recognised in the 2022 Legal 500, with the following testimonial:
‘There are some outstanding solicitors within the firm notably Lorraine Green and Gemma Hodder. Their knowledge of family law and client care is second to none. This leaves clients feeling that they are well represented and confident at a time when they are probably most vulnerable.’