Expertise and experience
Katie is a qualified solicitor in our matrimonial and family law team, having built up extensive experience in this area during her training contract with us.
She assists the other solicitors as well as conducting her own cases, advising and representing clients at court in certain matters. She works with parents in intractable private law disputes, involving serious allegations of domestic abuse and complex fact finding hearings.
In the past, Katie has been a volunteer at the Access to Justice Foundation as well as the London Legal Support Trust and Citizens Advice Bureau Witness Service.
Some of Katie’s recent experience includes:
- representing a spouse in relation to divorce and financial proceedings;
- representing individuals on relationship breakdown including cohabitees and issues of property ownership;
- representing parents in disputes concerning their children such as contact and living arrangements;
- representing individuals to obtain civil injunctions; and
- assisting with cases involving family mediation to resolve disputes on family and relationship breakdown as an alternative to court proceedings.