Expertise and experience
Julie is an expert family law solicitor, and a recognised specialist in child care law. She is a solicitor advocate which means she can represent her clients without the need for a barrister at all levels of the family court, including the High Court.
Julie represents parents, children and extended family members in local authority childcare proceedings and has extensive interest in non-accidental injury cases.
The types of case that Julie has been involved in include:
- local authority care applications to take a child into care, where there are allegations of abuse that put the child at risk of physical or emotional harm;
- wardship proceedings where a child is made award of the court and placed under the protection and guardianship of the court;
- representing children at fact finding hearings and other court appearances as their solicitor advocate to ensure their views are heard;
- representing the parents of children who have been taken into the care of the local authority, to apply for contact with their children or for the care order to be discharged; and
- representing parents and children in placement order proceedings where a local authority wants to find an adoptive home for a child in care.
Julie is recognised in the 2020 Legal 500, with the following testimonial:
‘Lorraine Green, Ritu Sood, Julie Nix are very experienced and confident solicitors who are tenacious and take pride in making sure everything is on target’.