Expertise and experience
Jasper is one of our trainee solicitors, and he will be gaining experience in housing law, mental health and capacity law, and family law during his training contract.
Jasper assists Andrew Bowmer as well as conducting cases, advising and representing clients in proceedings under the Mental Capacity Act in the Court of Protection.
He predominantly works for clients where the Official Solicitor has been appointed to act as a litigation friend for them.
Jasper also advises clients with housing concerns where there are issues concerning their mental capacity or community care.
Some recent experience of Jasper’s includes:
- challenging care plans which apply to adults who lack mental capacity and ensuring that their human rights are upheld;
- assisting vulnerable people to challenge restrictions which amount to their deprivation of liberty;
- corresponding with local authority or health bodies about a client’s entitlement to care services to facilitate independent living;
- helping a client with mental health problems and a disability to defend housing repossession proceeding; and
- representing clients in Court of Protection proceeding to remain in a supported living placement where there were allegations of abuse and neglect from the family.