Expertise and experience
Dee is a family law expert and a specialist in children law. She is a solicitor advocate, which means that she can represent her clients at all levels in the family court, usually without the need for a barrister.
She represents parents, grandparents and children, and is often appointed by the Official Solicitor in local authority care proceedings.
The types of cases that Dee has been involved in include:
- local authority care proceedings involving children, where there are disputes about arrangements for children over residence and contact arrangements, including prohibitive steps orders;
- advising families in local authority care applications where there are allegations of abuse or non-accidental injury to children;
- advocating on behalf of children in foster care to ensure their views are heard on the type of accommodation they are placed in;
- working with guardians to represent young people in difficult cases, for example if there are concerns about child exploitation or involvement in crime;
- being instructed by the Official Solicitor to represent parents with a disability to communicate their opinions about their ability to look after their children; and
- applications for civil injunctions to under the Protection from Harassment Act.