You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
Call us on 020 7426 0400

Parenting & children

Social services, care proceedings and children

Removing a child from the care of a parent is the most serious decision a court in England and Wales can make. Legal intervention in the life of your child by a local authority is one of the most distressing events any family can experience and one of the hardest to understand.

At Miles & Partners, our childcare specialists are dedicated to representing parents, children and other family members, with sensitivity and diligence in matters including:

Who we help

We support parents, grandparents and other relatives involved in care proceedings.

From a Child Protection Conference to a High Court hearing, we can act separately for children who are old enough to instruct a solicitor themselves.

How we help

We can advise you throughout the process of social services involvement with your family.

Our highly experienced team are used to dealing sensitively with family members who suffer mental health problems, psychological difficulties, drug or alcohol addiction.

We are experienced in dealing with the most complex of matters involving cases where a child has been injured, where a child has an unusual medical issue or where there are concerns regarding abuse of a child.

Funding for legal advice or representation

Once we understand your circumstances, we will advise what funding might be available and discuss which payment options might work best for you.

Contact our family law team

Contact us right away if you are affected by any of these issues, for compassionate, specialist advice.

What clients say