You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.

Community care

Support for adults and children with disabilities

When you need extra help because you, a child or a family member has a physical or mental disability then various statutory agencies including social services and your local NHS trust may have duties to provide you with services or provide you with direct payments so that you can commission your own services.

If you are not getting the help you need, you may need legal support to put things right.

We can advise on
  • obtaining an assessment of a disabled person’s needs for help with personal and other care;
  • obtaining an assessment of a carer’s needs;
  • challenging an inadequate assessment;
  • securing access to respite care;
  • rights to aids and adaptations in the home; and
  • challenging a proposed cut in the services you receive.
Funding for legal advice or representation

Subject to your means, we may be able to obtain legal aid funding to bring a challenge to an unlawful decision.

Once we understand your circumstances, we will advise what funding might be available and discuss which payment options might work best for you.

What clients say