You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.

Community care

Community care

With pressure on local authorities and their care budgets, it can sometimes be difficult to obtain an appropriate level of care.

Our expert lawyers are experienced in helping people to obtain the right care and support, whether this is in a hospital or care facility, in supported living or social housing, via a day centre or services provide at home.

We act for adults and children, including people with a physical or mental health condition.

Miles & Partners is regularly instructed by the Official Solicitor and others (including relatives) who act or are looking to act as ‘litigation friend’ for people who cannot instruct solicitors themselves in court proceedings challenging decisions of local authorities and about their care.

We advise on:

Funding for legal advice or representation

Subject to your means, we may be able to obtain legal aid funding to bring a challenge to an unlawful decision.

Once we understand your circumstances, we will advise what funding might be available and discuss which payment options might work best for you.

What clients say